Maintaining and Updating Existing Systems
March 18th, 2021
As a business owner or key decision-maker, you’ve likely found yourself, at some point or another, taking a good look at things and wondering where to go next. Trying to move your business forward, especially during the current COVID pandemic, can be difficult and stressful. We understand this struggle just as any other business does, and that’s why when our clients come to us needing changes to their software, we try to make it a little easier for them.
One of our strengths here at Coretechs is helping you maintain your system, whether we built it or not. We have a long history of taking on projects that, for different reasons, can no longer be maintained by the development team that created them. Here’s how we’d help you through the transition and our process for managing your pre-existing system.
How We Can Help
Reasons you may look for a new development team can range from lack of progress or communication to changes in specific business goals. No matter the reason, we take several steps to ensure your software and business needs are met:
- Adaptive support: We help you make any required changes to your current software to support your business objectives. These adjustments can include bug fixing, new options and features, and even migration to a newer system if necessary.
- Correctional support: We aim to fix any errors in your software, whether they be design or code-related. Our team takes a close look at your code for any necessary modifications. If we think any changes are required we will consult with you.
- Communication: Our team focuses on transparency and constant communication to keep you in the loop at all times. We also conduct code and security reviews regularly and update you on the status of your software.
- Preventive and long-term maintenance: Our team develops with your business goals in mind. We make updates based on your feedback and past incidents. We also offer server patching and security maintenance to ensure that personal info and business data remain secure at all times.
- Firstly, after you make the decision to work with us, we put a dedicated project manager on your project. Whether you are just looking for maintenance or updates to your website or app, you’ll get a single point of contact throughout the process.
- Next, we need a knowledge transfer from the previous development team. Then we’ll go about efficiently analyzing your code. Our team will review any pain points and come up with a plan to fix those areas of improvement with you.
- Just as important, we will also rule out any major security concerns. If we do notice any security problems or bugs, we’ll work through those.
- We’ll even let you know when there may be an alternative way to approach your system that can create better results for your business.
- For those who want their systems migrated or their websites renovated, our rapid prototyping process and updates let you see your project as it grows from concept to reality.
- Finally, as we mention above, we offer monthly maintenance and security checks to keep your system up to date and secure. We always aim to solve the problems of today and build solutions for the problems we’ll face tomorrow.
What We Focus On
- Stability: We’ve been serving the DC area for close to 35 years. Our list of nationwide clients is growing rapidly, and our US-based team is ready to work with you on-site or via remote services.
- Reliability: We’re not the type to do one project and run – we’re in it for the long-haul. Something we pride ourselves on is that most of our clients have been with us for eight+ years. You can count on us to make sure you are always informed of the progress and status of your project.
- Collaboration: When we partner with your business, we don’t want to run the show. Our team is your team and we’re creating solutions together that deliver results for both of us to succeed. We are invested in your success as we strongly believe in the ability software has to improve your business processes and customer engagement.
We partner with agencies, small businesses, and private companies to enhance your current systems and scale your service capabilities. Our longevity is due to our clients – visionary owners and executives who understand that investment in good IT infrastructure procedures pays for itself.
Contact us if you’d like to learn more about how we can help you manage your current software!
Photo by Scott Graham